Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Sandwich
Who doesn’t love a refreshing ice cream sandwich on a hot summer day? This recipe features our Ice Cream Base, as well as, our Yellow Cake Base, but in cookie form! Both bases can be customized to feature a variety of flavors for the summer including Strawberry/Banana, Blueberry/Lemon, and Raspberry/Pistachio. With this recipe we instruct on how to achieve the perfect Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Sandwich. Don’t forget, with PastryStar it’s a piece of cake!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with immersion blender until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Once chilled, use an ice cream machine to churn the base until frozen.
- Empty ice cream into a bowl or shallow pan.
- Add in half of the Strawberry Jam until evenly mixed.
- With the remaining jam, gently swirl it into the ice cream making sure to leave some whole.
- Pour swirled ice cream into a cake pan lined with plastic wrap and freeze until solid.
- 1 Recipe Baked Banana Cookies (cooled)
- 1 Recipe Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream (frozen in pan)
- Place cookies in pairs of a two on a sheet tray.
- Match ring cutter to match the size of the baked cookies.
- Working quickly, remove ice cream out of the pan by gently lifting the plastic.
- Place onto a cutting board and punch with the ring cutter to fit the cookie.
- Place ice cream round onto cookie and top to form a sandwich.
- Gently press together and serve!